Here is yet another one of my favorite (and easiest) recipes! This bread is delicious and a total hit 🙂
Here’s why –
- It’s easy to prepare – seriously!
- Requires 7 main ingredients – that’s it 😉
- Takes 5-10 minutes to prep – like real talk!
- Will make your home smell great! #bakersairfreshener
Here’s what you’ll need –
- 3-5 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Mash the bananas until you get a semi smooth consistency. I personally like the banana chunks (you’ll get more flavor in the bread), here’s how my mashed banana’s looked –
3. Add the egg, sugar, flour, and butter to the mashed bananas and mix the ingredients together –
4. In a separate bowl, mix the salt and baking soda together and then add it to the bread batter.
Optional: you can stir in some chocolate chips, walnuts, or macadamia nuts into the batter during this step if you’d like 🙂
5. Spray non-stick spray to 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and then pour the bread batter into pan.
Optional: sift brown sugar directly over the batter just like I did 🙂
6. Place the batter into the oven for 60 minutes.
Is it ready? Insert a toothpick into the center of the bread after 60 minutes. The toothpick should come out clean to indicate the bread is fully cooked and ready.
The bread is now ready to serve! If you used brown sugar to top off the mixture, you’ll notice that it adds a delicious sticky layer … which takes this bread over the top!